Monday, July 29, 2019

spring called (May 2019)

It was a harsh winter
And we made it through
but then spring called me

I had never heard her voice like that

her words ripped me open
a chasm
I'll forever fear

I blindly find my keys, my shoes

my throat is closing
my mind collapsed

I rush to see my angel

parking lot phones calls
the wailing begins
I blindly walk in

she holds the plastic bag
I cannot hold her tears

and now were in a river
it's wild and has no rhythm

it does not warn us of it's curves
we scream and fight to stay afloat
and this river isn't cleansing
why can't it soothe and calm?
everything is backwards now
and spring won't gift us life

and nothing really blooms
although
my house is full of flowers
Because my sister said it best:
the pain it dances underneath 

No comments:

Post a Comment